Many Canadians are looking to brighten their smile. The colour of teeth can darken with age and accumulation of surface stains. There are a number of whitening options available to consumers. The best way to learn about these is to talk to your dentist. Your dentist can explain the pros and cons of whitening toothpastes, at home whitening that occurs under a dentist’s care, and in-office whitening. Your dentist will consider your unique oral health conditions and can advise you on which, if any, is a suitable method for whitening your teeth.
Start a Great Daily Oral Health Regime
- Brush your teeth at least twice daily
- Floss and clean between your teeth once daily
- Schedule regular dental exams and cleanings with your dentist
- Limit consumption of drinks that can cause surface stains, such as red wine, coffee and tea
- Cease habits such as smoking and chewing tobacco
Source: Ontario Dental Association